Thursday, January 22, 2009

Double your pleasure...double your fun!

This is a little embarrasing, but worth telling...

So I decided to paint our master bathroom a deep blue color.  Josh told me to pick the color, to surprise him.  I had rolled the entire bathroom, so I just needed to finish the trim work.  Since my Mom has beens so gracious to be here to help me while Josh was OOT, I decided to leave the paint in it's little bucket and come back and forth to it as I could.  I must have thought in my head 30 times..."put that blue paint out of the babies reach"   Why i didnt just set it in a better place, i just don't know.
So, the next part of the story goes as you can probably tell where it's going....
Luke and Isabel LOVE to play in our bathroom, and let me tell you...I was full on watching them, but seemed to have forgotten the tiny detail that the small bucket of paint was on the side of the tub.  Luke did the actual act of pulling the blue paint on his feet (this was about 3 cups of paint) and I saw the whole thing happen in slow motion. 

As quick as i could think, i placed isabel as far away as i could, grabbed him up and threw him in the sink.  Meanwhile, paint is still running out....

I turned around about 2 seconds later and our sweet little bunny (as her dad calls her) decided she would finger paint, and not just dabble,  she was full out rubbing the floor with both hands!!!  

Ok...I'll stop right there.....what would YOU do next?  

Sure it would be easy if it was just one baby rubbing paint all over the place, you could immediately control the situation by removing the baby from the area and proceeding to wash the baby.....but two going at it...this was interesting. 

Here's what I did...

I pulled luke out of the sink (wet, crying, covered in blue paint..hands and feet at this point)
Pick up isabel (mad b/c i picked her up from her artwork, crying, covered in blue paint ten times worse than luke)  I removed them from the paint area, which covered about a 3 feet radius by now.  Meanwhile, I look down and realize i'm just spreading it the more i do, so i remove everyone's clothes and put them in the tub with their diapers on.
Then, i proceed to wash the paint off the babies one at a time!
We all survived, and hopefully they were not too traumatized from the shock of it all.  

Oh I have my days...let me tell you.

No pictures to document this experience, and that is a GOOD thing!  




2 comments:

Brian and Kelly said...

i can just picture it!! oh my goodness, i know it probably wasn't too funny at the time, but that is funny! i can't wait to meet the little twosome!

shelly said...

your reaction time is insane. your like a super hero. super mom!

2 days before the twins arrived....

2 days before the twins arrived....
I am so thankful my Dad took this picture....to remind me what it felt like to hold two precious lives inside of me...

Be encouraged!

Lord fill my heart with Yours
that I may know Your will,
those things that I should act upon
and when you want me still.

Guard my mind from useless thoughts
that clutter, harm, confuse.
Create in me a closeness
that Your course I'll always choose.

Clear my hearing, teach me
to identify the lies,
that I may only hear the truth
of who I am in Christ.

Lord, satisfy and fill me
with Your Spirit from above,
that I may truly know the freedom
of Unfailing Love.

Then planted deeply in that love,
my heart in full surrender,
Lift the veil for all to see,
my life display Your splendor.


Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

I BELIEVE......

I BELIEVE......
You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Psalm 16:11